Sunday 20 May 2012

day 43 of 50 gift from the sea

Jacqueline: got so close,
should have been arrested for breaking and entering.

Amichai: I was about four years old when I drowned off the Tel Aviv beach. One minutes I was splashing with my sister and her friends in the shallow waters and the next thing I know I am deep under, swept by a tide, scrambling for air. My hand clutched something on the sea floor and somehow I managed to resist the pull of the waves and lift my head, and breath, and pant, and clutch that seashell in my fist. I kept it for many years, an eerie memento of something that happened that I can't quite place (did it really happen?) but felt like a private miracle. That shell looks a lot like this one, in the drawing, smooth and white, and spherical, and broken.

43. Hesed of Malchut. The love, the grace in the Majestic realm of all that is here and now - in the physical plane of our being. Private miracles, great and small, graces, kindness, acts of love. Count the blessings. Even one. And maybe, like advised here many days ago - take the chance to give someone a hand today, a gesture of friendship, a hug: so many are drowning daily, and maybe if we count our blessings and not focus on the broken we can help ourselves and others rise a step above. and breath the depth of oceans, and survive.

כשהייתי בן ארבע טבעתי בחוף תל אביב. רגע אחד השפרצתי מים ברדודים עם אחותי וחבריה ופתאם הייתי עמוק מתחת, לא נושם, מבוהל, נמשך בזרם, יד מגששת בקרקע הים שולפת קונכיה מושלמת שאיתה איכשהו שחיתי והרמתי ראש וגוף מעל המים ונשמתי שוב וחזרתי לחוף והקונכיה קפוצה באגרוף" מתנה מהים. שמרתי אותה הרבה שנים, זכר לנס, זכרתי לך חסד נערייך
נראתה בדיוק כמו האיור הזה - לבנה ורכה ומסולסלת ושבורה
זכר החסד

כמעט בוקר ביו יורק - 43 לעומר חסד המלכות - רגעי של חסד בחוווית החיים הפיזית הממשית הקרובה ביותר לפה ועכשיו
הזדמנות לחשוב של מה שטוב בחיים, של ניסים קטנים של יומיום והפתעות של חסד
אולי גם לקיים כמצווה ועצה שקבלנו פה לפני כמה שבועות - בכל יום עשה מעשה קטן של חסד לזולת
הוקרת הטוב ושיפור הקיים
כולם טובעים כל יום
וכולם זקוקים לחסד
כל כך הרבה שבורים
איך אפשר לתקן? מחוות קטנות של טוב לב
תשומת לב לחסדים הגדולים והקטנים
טובה לזולת
בקטנה
שהיא ענקית כעומק הים

שבוע טוב

No comments:

Post a Comment